Research topic: Microsystems Technology - MST
Tutor: Leandro Lorenzelli, Andrea Adami
- Master’s Degree: Biomedical Engineering, University of Rome “La Sapienza” – 110/110 with honors. Graduation Thesis: “Impedance Plethysmography System With Inertial Measurement Units for Motion Artefact Reduction: Application to Continuous Breath Activity Monitoring”;
- Bachelor’s degree: Clinical Engineering, University of Rome “La Sapienza” – 109/110. Graduation Thesis: “Analysis of transtoracical impedance values and movement artifacts removal through the combined use of the FastIca Algorythm and the Vicon Technology”.
Fields of research:
- The PhD activity focuses on the design, fabrication and experimental testing of microsystems and sensors for agrofood applications.
- I am in a research group currently involved in EC projects promoting the use of microsystems for the analysis of safety and quality of foods, and in particular in dairy industry.
- To acquire knowledge in the field of microfluidics; assimilate research techniques and state of art of devices and sensors based on low volumes of fluids processing in order to address future challanges dealing with this technology.