Disciplines: Sociology of Organizations, Sociology of Work.
tel.+39 0461 281311
fax +39 0461 281348
She is one of the founders and currently the responsible of the research unit RUCOLA (Research Unit on Communication, Organizational Learning, and Aesthetics).
She has carried out a large number of researches and realized publications on the themes that have become the central object of the research unit RUCOLA studies.
She is present from several years in the principal international networks of organizational studies and she is a board member of various international journals.
She has been president of the European Group for Organizational Studies (1997-2000) and took part in the scientific committee of the Associazione Italiana di Sociologia-ELO (1993-1996).
In September 2005 she received the degree of "Doctor Honoris Causa" from the Department of Social Sciences of the Danish Roskilde University. In July 2007 she received the Honorary Membership of the European Group of Organizational Studies. In June 2010 she received the award of Honorary Doctor from the University of Kuopio (now University of Eastern Finland).
Silvia Gherardi is the first professor of the Faculty of Sociology to receive this degree from other universities.
At the present she is part of the Doctoral School of Sociology in Trento and coordinator of the Master “Gender Policies in the Labour Market”.
- Development of an effective applied social science;
- Workplace learning and knowing;
- Gender policies;
- Labour conditions;
- Corporate social responsibility;
- Development of a sociological approach to practice- based studies.
The research unit that she coordinates - RUCOLA (research unit on Communication, organizational learning, and aesthetics) - has just begun a three-year European project on gender segregation. This is the second Equal project in which she has participated. Her second main project currently under way focuses on networks of inter-organizational learning and concerns the field of bio-technologies.
- SICURTEMP: Safety and well-being in temporary contracts in the Province of Trento
- TreC Project
- Reflex project
- Safety, culture and organizational climate in the operating theatre
- LiveMemories. Digital memories of collective life
- Progetto Fa.S.I. – Family Enterprise and Development of Entrepreneurial Skills
- O.L.T.R.E. – Organizations, Work, Part-time and Empowerment
- Equal-Gelso Project
- Practising Learning
- Technological learning and learning technologies
- Taking Time to Improve Patterns: Telework and Female Management