Deadline to send your application: 4 June 2015, 16:00 Italian time
Year 2015-16: 5 PhD student scholarships
4 scholarships funded by University of Trento
1 scholarship funded by Foundation Bruno Kessler (FBK) - CERPIC, Trento
Within the field of international studies, “Sovereignty, Democracy and Crisis”, has been chosen as a thematic focus for 2015-16 to be explored in various research projects and teaching activities at the School of International Studies. It will be addressed from multiple disciplinary perspectives (Economics, Law, Politics, Sociology, and History) through analysis of issues such as the economic-financial crisis, the evolution of European integration, participatory democracy, socio-economic development models.
For further information see the list of faculty members' research interests.
- 1 project specific scholarship focused on “International Politics and Conflict Resolution”, funded by Foundation Bruno Kessler (FBK) - CERPIC, Trento.
Further information at the web page: topic specific scholarships
Applications will be accepted from candidates, regardless of gender, age and nationality, who have graduated with excellent marks from a master's course, a four year Italian laurea, or an equivalent programme in one of the disciplines comprising international studies (economics, history, law, political science, political philosophy, sociology). Candidates from other disciplinary backgrounds may also apply, provided that their research project clearly falls within the field of international studies.
The programme is conducted entirely in English and an excellent working knowledge of that language, including a proven writing ability, is an indispensable requirement for admission. Foreign students are encouraged to obtain a working knowledge of the Italian language.
Please refer to Art. 5 of the Call.The list below provides a short and non exhaustive summary of what to include in the application on line:
- photocopy of the applicant’s identity card or passport
- degree certificate
- curriculum vitae in English
- research proposal and motivation letter
- certificate(s) attesting the knowledge of the English language at least C1 level
You may have your TOEFL language test results directly sent to the School. Please note that the TOEFL Code Control of the School of International Studies is 6286.
Applications may include:
- two letters of recommendation from experts in the doctoral research areas. The letters must be received before the closure of the call.
- copies of (selected) publications
- any other qualifications such as international examinations (GRE or equivalent)
- any other documents that attest to the research skills and abilities of the candidate.